What do you mean by "turn-key" support?
- SmartDesk Solution provides comprehensive 24/7 turnkey technical support: we have 30 years of deep, broad, and award-winning service excellence that your team can leverage. SmartDesk Solution offers a comprehensive and cost-effective enterprise-level technical support solution that painlessly ramps up in ~90 days or less. Your users benefit with multiple contact methods to quickly and easily resolve their IT issues, and your business benefits from continual cost savings by shifting your users to lower cost contact methods (we’ll help them shift!) and much less down-time for your technical support and users. Win-win!
What languages are available with SmartDesk Solution?
- English, Spanish, and Canadian French are available 24/7. Please Contact us if you have another language need.
How does SmartDesk Solution get my users back to work more quickly?
- SmartDesk provides multiple contact options 24/7 to suit each user’s needs at any given time or location. Options include self-service so that users can help themselves, if they so choose, without the time and effort of reaching out for help. We provide continual service improvements so that potential problems are nipped in the bud before they have a chance to become an issue, so your users won't even know the potential problem existed. Additionally, we provide a running tab of known issues and outages if/when they occur, so that users can check this part of the front page of our interface, so that they’re not re-reporting known issues, and can see the resolution timeframe.
How does SmartDesk Solution improve my employees' productivity?
- SmartDesk offers multiple contact options 24/7 to suit each user's needs at any given time or location.
- We also offer self-service options so that users can help themselves, if they so choose, without the time and effort of reaching out for help. One example is Self-Service Password Reset. Did you know that 30% or more of all service desk calls are related to password resets or unlocks? We provide a simple, integrated tool so that users can help themselves, including from their mobile devices.
- SmartDesk has a 90% first contact resolvable rate, versus an industry average of 68%! That means that not only are your users contacts handled quickly, but also that their issues are resolved the first time, 90% of the time!
- We provide continual service improvements so that potential problems are nipped in the bud before they have a chance to become an issue, so your users won’t even know the potential problem existed.
Additionally, we provide a running tab of known issues and outages if/when they occur, so that users can check this part of the front page of our interface, so that they’re not re-reporting known issues, and can see the resolution timeframe.
What kind of security measures does SmartDesk Solution offer?
- SmartDesk's Self-Service Password Reset tool offers secure, two-factor authentication. Our Single Point of Contact interface is only available via secure password access, and this interface is where our tools are stored, including various methods to contact the service desk. If users choose to call in, their identity is validated with a multi-step verification method, before they are allowed to proceed.
How easy is it to use SmartDesk Solution?
- After our 90 day transition period, we partner with you to educate all of your users on how to use SmartDesk's tools, and then continually work with you and your team to educate your users about the benefits of shifting to lower cost contact methods. Your business receives top notch attention before, during and after the transition period.
All of SmartDesk’s tools are available from a single point of contact (SPOC) interface, available both from a desktop / laptop or mobile interface.
How will End Users contact the SmartDesk? Will it be through North America-wide toll-free telephone numbers, emails and/or web portal submissions?
- Client end users will have multiple contact methods in which to contact the your IT Service Desk. These methods include phone, chat, email, and the ClientLink® Portal. CompuCom will provide you with a North American toll-free 800 number for the end users to access the Service Desk. In addition to the toll-free number, CompuCom will provide the telephony Infrastructure, including standard features and upgrades, for IVR and ACD routing. The solution allows for customized welcome messages and menu variants to be configured. Contact us for more information.
How will I / my users know they are accessing our SmartDesk and not a generic help desk?
- As part of our transition process, we spend time getting to know your environment, your lingo, software, hardware, et cetera, so that we can act as a de facto extension of your IT team, and we continue to do this throughout our partnership, so that we stay up-to-date on your environment. You will also have a customized telelphony greeting and single point of contact ClientLink® Portal (CLP) landing page and agents on the other end of the calls and CLP are trained on your environment specifics.
How will your SmartDesk agents know that the caller is an authorized user of ours (be it an employee or contractor)? How will you validate this? Do you need an HR extract (employee list) or will you integrate into our AD/email list?
- CompuCom’s systems are built to ensure that agents know exactly which Client they are supporting, e.g. via caller or chat ID. AD integration possible between our system and your LDAP/AD that allows for the HR feed and entitlement of users. The feed is updated constantly or as required by your policy (in particular for employee terminations).
If my company is dissatisfied with one or some of your SmartDesk agents, how will you handle it?
- CompuCom takes disciplinary issues with our employees very seriously. We work with our Clients if there is a particular resource that is not meeting expectations and continuously evaluate if additional resources need to be on-boarded and trained to ensure no disruption to the support.
What training do you provide your SmartDesk agents, and how do you keep them up-to-date on products/services that are applicable to my company?
- After the initial agent onboarding training about your environment specifics, CompuCom is committed to ongoing employee training, using a combination of required classroom training, computer-based training (CBT's), lunch and learns, and an internal training site. Our associates are granted unlimited access to e-learning resources, allowing 24/7 access to a wide range of self-study technical, professional and personal development courses. Each CompuCom Service Desk Professional holds four certifications at a minimum, which require periodic recertification as processes, technology or your environment changes dictate.
In addition, CompuCom's Quality Management Program encompasses all aspects of customer satisfaction, productivity, and continual improvement. The goal of our program is to help increase end-user satisfaction while achieving increases in agent efficiency and quality. Contact us for more information.
How will your IT Service Desk agents know if a caller is one of our VIP team members?
- Within our ITSM system, your VIPs will be flagged, based on LDAP/AD information, to ensure the agents quickly identify the caller as a VIP end user and follow the documented handling instructions created during transition. Your VIPs are treated with a higher priority for escalation processes.
Do you offer remote takeover support from the IT Service Desk?
- SmartDesk Solution includes a secure, user-authorized remote control / take-over tool as part of its suite of tools available to help your users get back to business quickly. This tool can be used on desktop and mobile devices, to help with a variety of user needs.
Please describe how SmartDesk Solution will manage tickets/events/incidents. Is this capability part of your base your service offering, or is this an incremental fee service?
- SmartDesk Solution is your single point of contact and entry point for incident and request tickets and our team will follow up through the lifecycle of each ticket across your organization. Contact us for more information.
How will each of our users be kept informed on the status of their issue?
- Your users will have access to our ClientLink® Portal, the preferred and most cost-effective method to check the status of open incidents. Once the ticket is placed into a resolved status, a notification is sent to the end user to confirm resolution and requests that if they are still experiencing an issue to contact SmartDesk.
Please describe what pre-existing content you have in your knowledgebase that my users can leverage immediately, and please describe what you need of us to populate and maintain this knowledgebase. Who "owns" the knowledgebase content, us or SmartDesk?
- The CompuCom knowledgebase includes tens of thousands of articles for common tools and applications that are shared across all clients. Our knowledgebase also contains knowledge articles specific to your environment, that only your users can see. All knowledge content provided by your company is owned by you and can be exported upon leaving CompuCom.